Detroit Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucks are huge motor vehicles and they often times instill fear in many drivers and pedestrians. Their capacity is great for the work that they do, but trucks cause big accidents that can result in severe injuries.
Trying to avoid an accident is the responsibility of every motorist, however, there are some accidents you cannot circumvent. When these accidents occur, it is critical that you hire a Michigan personal injury lawyer to handle your case.
Causes of Truck Accidents in Michigan
In order to have a case in any personal injury matter, there must be a person at fault. This is the person or entity who will be responsible for compensating the victim or victims for any damages. Truck accidents can be caused by any of the following situations:
- Traffic violations – Running a red light, not yielding to pedestrians, or even texting while driving can all result in serious accidents on the road.
- Faulty truck – Most trucks on the road are used for commercial purposes. Accordingly, these type of vehicles can experience a great deal of wear and tear and in the absence of proper servicing, failed brakes or other mechanical issues can lead to an accident.
- Load problems – Each truck is manufactured to carry a certain capacity of load. If there is excessive load on a truck, it can significantly affect the performance of the vehicle. Additionally, poor load security can result in accidents that does not even involve a collision between two vehicles.
- Road conditions – Whether road conditions are as result of poor public maintenance or an act of God, such factors can contribute to a truck accident. Nevertheless, a driver of a truck is required to take special care particularly when the road conditions are not favorable.
The cause of any accident is important to determine liability. In many cases, a police report or eyewitness may not have all the information and it will be helpful to hire a lawyer with investigatory resources to determine the cause of the truck accident.
Why You Should Hire a Detroit Truck Accident Lawyer for Your Truck Accidents
Accidents in which there is a party at fault is a serious legal matter. You should never attempt to deal with a defendant or an insurance company without legal representation. This is even more important when you are involved in a truck accident.
The following reasons will help you understand that it is critical that you have a personal injury lawyer on your side from the start:
- Liability is sometimes difficult to assess in truck accidents. Drivers are often times employed to a particular company, which can also be different from the company who owns the truck. Making an assessment as to which of the parties should share in the liability can be very frustrating and you will need a lawyer to deal with the legal technicalities.
- Company defendants move slower than individuals. If the liable party includes a company, getting a quick resolution to any issue concerning the case can be time-consuming and frustrating to the average individual. Companies generally have a chain of command and a particular process to approve certain payouts. An experienced personal injury lawyer can easily navigate this type of problem.
- Truck accidents normally result in far more serious injuries. You will need a lawyer skilled in assessing damages to make sure that you will recover all the compensation that is due to you. The more serious your injuries, the more detailed research is required to arrive at a compensation that is commensurate.
Avoiding a lawyer in a personal injury claim is never a good idea. Since legal fees are not recovered until you receive a settlement, there is no upfront lost to hiring a Detroit truck accident lawyer like that of Davis Law Group.
How a Detroit Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you are hurt in a truck accident that was not your fault, you are entitled to compensation. This financial recovery can include, but not limited to reimbursable expenses, loss of wages, property damages, and pain and suffering. Do not delay in seeking legal representation; all Michigan personal injury claim is time sensitive. Call the Davis Law Group today at and schedule a consultation.
Have you been hurt? We can help.
If you have been hurt or if you’re suffering financial consequences that are not your fault due to a Michigan truck accident, you might be wondering what your options are. Call today or fill out the form below. We are available to help you.