Detroit Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Home » Practice Areas » Detroit Traffic Ticket Lawyer
Most people do not realize that paying a traffic ticket is the same as pleading guilty. There are possible consequences to a traffic violation, including fines, driver’s license suspension, even jail time, and community service.
If you have a traffic ticket, a Detroit traffic ticket lawyer with the Davis Law Group may be able to reduce or eliminate the penalties associated with a moving violation. Call (313) 818-3238 for a free, no-obligation consultation, or fill out the form below.
Should You Hire a Traffic Ticket Lawyer?
You are not obligated to hire a lawyer for a traffic ticket, but there could be serious consequences, depending on the type of violation and your driving record.
There is more to a ticket than a fine. That is why you are encouraged to call a Detroit traffic ticket attorney before you pay a fine or go to traffic court alone.
Points, Fines & Hiked Insurance Rates
When you plead guilty or are found guilty, the violation goes on your record. Not only does this likely cause your insurance premiums to increase, but you also risk losing your driving privileges.
When a traffic violation is added to your driving record:
- Michigan adds points to your license that remains for two years
- If you accumulate 12 points during this time, your license is suspended
- You must schedule, prepare, and pay for reexamination before your license is reinstated
- Your auto insurance company can drop you for excessive points or a suspended license, and it may be difficult and expensive when you reapply for coverage
Losing your license could be a serious setback if you need to drive for school, work, and family. The best way to avoid losing your license is not to acquire points in the first place. A traffic defense lawyer can help you avoid points and retain your driving privileges.
You Could Even Go to Jail
The consequences for a ticket could be worse than losing your license and paying more for car insurance. Some traffic violations are misdemeanors, leading to jail time, probation, expensive fines, and other penalties. If you cause someone severe injury or death, you could be charged with a felony, which increases your chance of imprisonment.
You don’t have to accept a ticket. You can fight back, and the best way to do that is by hiring a traffic ticket lawyer in Detroit.
Why Davis Law Group is Right for You
If you’ve been charged with a traffic-related offense, consult a Detroit traffic defense attorney. At Davis Law Group, we’re knowledgeable about Michigan traffic law and the local court system. We know how prosecutors and judges handle these cases, which helps us prepare you for court and build a comprehensive strategy.
We begin by thoroughly reviewing the evidence. We look over everything to find a weakness in the prosecutor’s case. Then, we discuss your options, including pursuing a dismissal, acquittal at trial, or plea deal.
Don’t waste days figuring out what to do. Ask for help as soon as possible. When we go to court, we’ll fight to get you the best possible resolution for your case. Our goal is to help you keep your driver’s license, job, and life intact.
Common Michigan Traffic Violations
Even the most common traffic violations could impact your driving privileges, auto insurance rates, finances, family life, and career.
- Operating a Vehicle Over 30 Miles per Hour – If an officer catches you driving 30 miles per hour or more above the speed limit, you will face significant penalties
- Operating a Vehicle Over 100 Miles per Hour – Driving over speeds of 100 miles per hour is a serious crime and could result in a felony charge. Depending on whether you had passengers in the car and whether this is a first or subsequent offense, a conviction for excessive speeding could lead to severe penalties.
- Reckless Driving
- Driving With a Suspended License
- Leaving the Scene
- Improper Turn
- Failing to Yield the Right of Way
- Failing to Stop for a School Bus
- Ignoring Stoplights and Other Traffic Control Devices
- Fleeing and Eluding Police
Before you pay the fine, consider fighting the charge to avoid points on your license and additional penalties. Our Detroit traffic ticket lawyers at Davis Law Group can help.
Misdemeanor and Felony Traffic Violations
Some traffic violations are citations, and the harshest penalty you face is a fine. But for other traffic violations, you could face misdemeanor or felony charges.
- Moving Violation Causing Injury
- Moving Violation Causing Death
- Reckless Driving with Serious Injury
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- Drugged Driving
- Eluding Police
- Drag Racing
It’s important to call a defense attorney when you’re dealing with these offenses. The Davis Law Group will strive to win the best possible results in your case.
Fighting a Traffic Ticket? Get a Free Consultation.
It is best to get ahead of a traffic ticket before losing your driving privileges. Find out how a Detroit traffic ticket lawyer can help. Call the Davis Law Group today for a free consultation.
Call (313) 818-3238 or fill out the form below.