Detroit Traffic Ticket Lawyer
If you have been accused of speeding in a residential area or running a stop sign, paying the ticket is the equivalent of pleading guilty. The Detroit traffic ticket lawyers at Davis Law Group can help fight on your behalf to avoid the consequences of fines, possible jail time, community service and potential driver’s license suspension.
Common Michigan Traffic Violations
- Speeding – Traffic tickets in Michigan vary by county, however if you receive a ticket, you may also face a jump in your insurance rates.
- Reckless Driving – Driving on the highway or other place open to the general public in an intentionally dangerous manner, disregarding the safety of persons or property around you could be considered reckless driving. If punishable, a misdemeanor could result in jail time and an expensive fine.
- Driving With a Suspended License – Driving with a suspended or revoked license violate the same law in Michigan. If you have been charged with driving with a suspended license (DWLS), contacting a Detroit traffic ticket lawyer is in your best interest to avoid jail time and further license suspensions.
- Leaving the Scene – If you have been involved in an accident, you are required to stop your car and remain at the scene to exchange information with anyone involved in the accident. Failure to remain at the scene of the accident could result in hit and run charges. In Michigan, these are severe charges.
- Moving Violation Causing Injury – If you have been involved in an accident which results in injury, especially if serious injuries are sustained by another party, you could be facing a misdemeanor conviction and jail time.
- Moving Violation Causing Death – If you have been involved in an accident which results in someone’s death, you could be facing a prison sentence and a significant fine.
Even when faced with the most common of traffic violations, this could have an effect on your driving privileges, your insurance, your finances or even your career. If you have been charged with a traffic violation, the Detroit traffic ticket lawyers at Davis Law Group can help. Before you pay your traffic ticket, consider fighting the charge to avoid points on your license and additional penalties.
Serious Traffic Violations
Some traffic violations are serious criminal offenses and require immediate action by a defense attorney. These offenses may include:
- Reckless Driving with Serious Injury – If you are involved in an accident that causes bodily harm to another individual due to recklessly operating a motor vehicle, this is known as aggravated vehicular assault.
- Operating a Vehicle over 30 Miles per Hour – If you are caught driving 30 mph or more above the speed limit, your penalties will be more serious. You will need the help of a Michigan criminal defense attorney to best minimize the potential repercussions of the charge.
- Operating a Vehicle Over the Speed of 100 Miles Per Hour – Driving over speeds of 100 miles per hour is a serious crime and could result in a felony charge. Depending on whether or not other passengers were involved and depending on whether this is a first-time or subsequent offense, conviction of excessive spending could result in serious penalties.
Traffic Offenses and Your Driver’s License
If you or someone close to you has been issued a ticket for a traffic offense, it is important to understand the full scope of the situation, your rights and best possible moves. When you plead guilty or are found guilty, points are added to your driver’s license. Depending on how many points you get on your driver’s license, your license may be suspended or revoked. In Michigan, when you reach 12 points, your driver’s license may be suspended. You’ll have to fulfill conditions and pay fees to get it reinstated and this could be a serious life setback.
Experienced Defense From Your Detroit Traffic Ticket Lawyer
At Davis Law Group, our comprehensive knowledge allows us to efficiently go through all evidence in order to aggressively defend your case in court and overcome your ticket. If you have been charged with a traffic-related misdemeanor or felony, the best place to start is to speak with an experienced Michigan traffic defense attorney.
If you have been cited for moving violations or charged with traffic misdemeanors, don’t delay contacting us today. When we go into court, we will fight to get you the best possible resolution for your case, and strive to keep your driver’s license, your job and your life intact following your traffic charge.
Charged with a traffic violation? Contact us today.
Your initial consultation will always be free and confidential. Call today or fill out the form below and we will help you.