Port Huron Criminal Defense Lawyer
Home » Port Huron Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have recently been charged with a crime in Port Huron or St. Clair County, you might be wondering what will happen to you. For many Michigan charges, you face serious penalties like fines, jail or prison time, and other long-term negative consequences if convicted.
Possible Penalties & Consequences
The best way to fight these charges or allegations is to have an experienced Port Huron criminal defense lawyer on your side. Criminal charges are serious, even if you’re charged with a misdemeanor. Why risk the long-term negative impact of a criminal conviction if it can be helped?
Some of the consequences you face include:
- Weeks, months, or even years in jail or prison
- Time on probation, restricting your movement or actions
- Having to pay expensive criminal fines, court costs, restitution, or civil penalties
- Loss of your driving privileges
- Losing your job or being denied employment when applying for jobs
- Being denied rental housing
- Losing public housing
- Losing or being denied a professional license for certain types of occupations
- Being denied a visa, green card, or citizenship; in some instances, being deported
- Losing custodial rights to your children or dependents
These serious consequences aren’t meant to scare you – they’re meant to make you aware of what you could be facing. One thing to know is that every criminal case is unique, and an experienced attorney can apply legal understanding and interpretation of the law to obtain the best possible outcome for your situation.
At Davis Law Group PLLC, we can help you fight your charges and mitigate the consequences you face in many ways, including:
- Review the facts of your case to see if your constitutional rights were violated in any way
- Negotiate with the prosecution to reduce or drop your charges, depending on the facts
- Ensure that your rights are protected during any law enforcement questioning
- In trials, prepare an aggressive defense to convince the judge or jury that you are not guilty
- Fight for an alternative resolution if available, such as drug or alcohol treatment, probation, deferred sentencing, etc.
Port Huron Criminal Defense
Facing Michigan’s criminal justice system is a frightful prospect, but there is no need to go through it alone. At Davis Law Group, we know what you are up against and are ready to help the residents of Port Huron effectively handle any of the following criminal charges:
- DUI Charges
- Drug Offenses
- Marijuana Crimes
- Property Crimes
- Traffic Violations
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Weapons Crimes
- White Collar Crime
We aggressively represent our clients throughout the state of Michigan. If your rights have been compromised or if you have been charged with a crime, contact an experienced Port Huron criminal defense lawyer today for a free legal case evaluation. We are available 24/7 when you call (810) 294-8832. The sooner you call, the better we can begin building your defense.
Port Huron Office
Davis Law Group PLLC
511 Fort St. Ste. 260
Port Huron, MI 48060-3922