Flint Criminal Defense Attorney
Home » Flint Criminal Defense Attorney
Being charged with a crime in Flint or Genesee County can result in some serious penalties, if you end up being convicted, from civil penalties, to fines, to jail or prison sentences. But many charges in Flint can be fought, lessened, and possibly dropped, with the help of an experienced Flint criminal defense attorney.
Possible Penalties & Consequences
Accepting an allegation that you’ve committed a crime, even just a misdemeanor, can have consequences that can follow you for the rest of your life. That’s why it is important to fight any charges brought against you and to do so early. With a Flint criminal defense attorney at your side, you may be relieved of some of the worst criminal penalties, if you end up being convicted at all.
Penalties can include:
- Days, weeks, or months of incarceration
- Time lost from family and friends
- Months to years of probation
- Restrictions on what you can do and where you can travel
- Fines of up to hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars
- Court-ordered rehabilitation treatment
- Mandatory community service
- Loss of job and employment benefits
- Loss of rental or public housing options
- Loss of professional license
- Loss of your right to be a custodian of your child
- Denial of a visa, green card, or citizenship; possible deportation
While this list isn’t comprehensive, it is also not universally applied. Not every crime results in all of these penalties, some only result in a few; and if you’re not convicted at all, you may not face a single penalty. By enlisting the help of a Flint criminal defense attorney, you’ll be taking the first steps toward avoiding the worst of these penalties. What’s more, you’ll learn of the seriousness of the charges brought against you. Contact a Flint criminal defense lawyer today to stay informed and to defend yourself against your worst charges.
Working for You
Each person makes each criminal defense case unique. At Davis Law Group, we will work with you to understand the laws in place that are relevant to your situation and will advance an interpretation of those laws to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. Our Flint criminal defense attorneys will do everything in their power to fight the charges brought against you and to lessen or remove potential penalties. We will tackle your case from multiple perspectives, including:
- Examining the constitutionality of the state’s actions against you
- Negotiating with the prosecution to reduce or drop charges
- Protecting your rights when state officers seek to question you
- Defending you in trial by preparing a defense that will sway a jury to exonerate you
At Davis Law Group, we work with you to uncover the facts that will determine your case and take every step possible to ensure the best outcome for you.
Flint Criminal Defense
Being charged with a crime in Michigan is a scary and stressful experience. At Davis Law Group, we understand what you are going through and whether you are facing a single misdemeanor or multiple felony level offenses, we are here to help the citizens of Flint defend themselves in criminal cases including, but not limited to:
- DUI Charges
- Drug Offenses
- Marijuana Crimes
- Property Crimes
- Traffic Violations
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Weapons Crimes
- White Collar Crime
We handle all criminal defense cases with passion and discretion. If your rights have been compromised or if you have been charged with a crime, contact one of our experienced Flint criminal defense lawyers today at for a free and confidential case evaluation. We will discuss your situation and how we can help.
Davis Law Group PLLC
2065 S. Elms Rd. Ste. 106
Swartz Creek, MI 48473-9796