Flint Criminal Defense Attorney
Home » Flint Criminal Defense Attorney
Being charged with a crime in Flint or elsewhere in Genesee County, Michigan can result in some serious penalties, if you end up being convicted, from civil penalties to fines, to jail or prison sentences. But many charges in Flint can be fought, lessened, and possibly dropped, with the help of an experienced Flint criminal defense attorney.
Possible Penalties & Consequences
Accepting an allegation that you’ve committed a crime, even just a misdemeanor, can have consequences that can follow you for the rest of your life. That’s why it is important to fight any charges brought against you and to do so early. With a Flint criminal defense attorney at your side, you may be relieved of some of the worst criminal penalties, if you end up being convicted at all.
Penalties can include:
- Days, weeks, or months of incarceration
- Time lost from family and friends
- Months to years of probation
- Restrictions on what you can do and where you can travel
- Fines of up to hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of dollars
- Court-ordered rehabilitation treatment
- Mandatory community service
- Loss of job and employment benefits
- Loss of rental or public housing options
- Loss of professional license
- Loss of your right to be a custodian of your child
- Denial of a visa, green card, or citizenship; possible deportation
While this list isn’t comprehensive, it is also not universally applied. Not every crime results in all of these penalties, some only result in a few; and if you’re not convicted at all, you may not face a single penalty. By enlisting the help of a Flint criminal defense attorney, you’ll be taking the first steps toward avoiding the worst of these penalties. What’s more, you’ll learn of the seriousness of the charges brought against you. Contact a Flint criminal defense lawyer today to stay informed and to defend yourself against your worst charges.
Working for You
Each person makes each criminal defense case unique. At Davis Law Group, we will work with you to understand the laws in place that are relevant to your situation and will advance an interpretation of those laws to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. Our Flint criminal defense attorneys will do everything in their power to fight the charges brought against you and to lessen or remove potential penalties. We will tackle your case from multiple perspectives, including:
- Examining the constitutionality of the state’s actions against you
- Negotiating with the prosecution to reduce or drop charges
- Protecting your rights when state officers seek to question you
- Defending you in trial by preparing a defense that will sway a jury to exonerate you
At Davis Law Group, we work with you to uncover the facts that will determine your case and take every step possible to ensure the best outcome for you.
A Flint Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help
Being charged with a crime in Michigan is a scary and stressful experience. At Davis Law Group, we understand what you are going through and whether you are facing a single misdemeanor or multiple felony level offenses, we are here to help the citizens of Flint defend themselves in criminal cases including, but not limited to:
- DUI Charges – Being charged with driving under the influence can put your future in jeopardy. You may be facing serious penalties, like fines, the loss of your license, and even jail, but you may be able to avoid them if you enlist the help of a Flint DUI lawyer.
- Drug Offenses – In Flint, MI there is a significant drug problem and those convicted of drug crimes face the added hurdles of a permanent criminal record and incarceration. At Davis Law Group, we will passionately defend your rights and fight for the best possible outcome.
- Marijuana Crimes – The laws regarding marijuana in Michigan seem to to be ever-changing, but you can still face significant legal consequences if you are convicted of a crime. Learn how an experienced Flint lawyer can help preserve your record.
- Theft – No matter the value of the item taken, the effects of a Michigan theft conviction can seriously impact your life. That’s why it is imperative to build an effective defense strategy with a capable Flint theft attorney.
- Fraud – There are various ways an individual can find themselves charged with fraud in Michigan, from embezzlement to check fraud. Each is punished harshly, including fines, a permanent blemish on your criminal record, and even time behind bars. An experienced criminal defense lawyer at Davis Law Group can explain the process and how you can avoid such a grim fate.
- Property Crimes – The ramifications of being convicted of arson, vandalism, or another Michigan property crime can be devastating. To find out what defense strategies may be available to you, contact a skilled Flint property crimes lawyer to discuss your case.
- Traffic Violations – The consequences for traffic offenses vary greatly, but even minor violations can lead to expensive fines, points on your license, the eventual suspension of your driver’s license, higher insurance rates, and in some cases, time in jail. With a skilled and experienced Flint traffic lawyer by your side, you stand a good chance at avoiding the harsh consequences of a traffic conviction.
- Sex Crimes – The consequences of a sex crimes conviction extend far beyond the possibility of a jail sentence. Your reputation will likely be ruined and you could be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. Do not take these accusations lightly and contact a veteran Flint sex crimes lawyer as soon as possible to begin crafting your defense.
- Violent Crimes – A violent criminal offense is usually a serious felony, and if convicted can result in years, decades, or life in prison. At Davis Law Group, we know what you are up against and are prepared to stand with through this difficult experience and will zealously work to protect your freedom.
- Weapons Crimes – Firearm and other weapon-related crimes are significant offenses in Michigan that can impact the rest of your life. Convictions can lead to time in jail, losing your right to own firearms, and a mark on your permanent criminal record. Protect your rights and your liberty by speaking with a dedicated Flint criminal defense lawyer today.
- White Collar Crimes – When you are charged with a white collar offense like embezzlement or tax evasion, the consequences if you’re convicted are anything but minor. You can see your career ruined, your reputation destroyed, and be sentenced to substantial time in prison. Learn how an experienced Flint white collar crimes attorney can fight for the best possible result.
We handle all criminal defense cases with passion and discretion. If your rights have been compromised or if you have been charged with a crime, contact one of our experienced Flint criminal defense lawyers today at (810) 644-5660 for a free and confidential case evaluation. We will discuss your situation and how we can help.
Davis Law Group PLLC
2065 S. Elms Rd. Ste. 106
Swartz Creek, MI 48473-9796
The 67th District Court handles all traffic related offenses and criminal violations.