Flint Marijuana Lawyer
Home » Flint Criminal Defense Attorney » Flint Marijuana Lawyer
The legal landscape surrounding marijuana is always in flux, so we are careful to follow new developments in the administrative regulations and criminal laws applying to cannabis.
In such threatening times for both recreational and medical marijuana users, you may find yourself in need of a skilled and experienced Flint criminal defense lawyer. At Davis Law Group, we are passionate about defending the rights of people accused of marijuana-related crimes. If you have a question about Michigan’s marijuana laws or are facing criminal charges, call us today at (440) 967-6137 for a free and confidential consultation.
What Are the Penalties for Breaking Michigan’s Marijuana Laws?
You may face criminal sanctions for growing, distributing, possessing, or using marijuana, any of its derivatives, and even synthetic compounds that purportedly mimic the effects of marijuana. Even if you think you are in full compliance with Michigan’s marijuana regulations, you may still find yourself on the wrong side of the state law. Worse, you might face charges at the federal level.
If you get convicted of a marijuana-related offense, you may receive any of the following criminal penalties and collateral consequences:
- Time behind bars
- Fines ranging from hundreds, to thousands, and in some cases millions of dollars
- Revoked driving privileges
- Loss of your job
- A permanent criminal record that can keep you from getting a new job or a pursuing your education
- Limited second amendment rights
- Ineligibility for many professional licenses
- Deportation if you’re an immigrant
- Denied custody of your children
Owing to the harsh consequences of a marijuana conviction, you should spare no expense in retaining the services of the best Flint criminal defense attorney you can find. The earlier they begin working on your case and developing a sound defense strategy, the more likely you will be able to avoid a conviction.
How Can A Flint Marijuana Lawyer at Davis Law Group PLLC Help?
As a former prosecutor, Attorney Maurice Davis has the first-hand experience in how prosecutors build their cases against drug crime suspects. This gives him an upper hand in defending against these very same cases. At Davis Law Group, we have experience handling cases involving the following kinds of Flint marijuana charges:
- Use of Marijuana — A conviction for marijuana use by someone under 21 can result in harsh penalties and fines.
- Possession of Marijuana — As a more serious misdemeanor offense than simple use, the possession of large amounts of marijuana can result in harsh penalties.
- Marijuana Cultivation, Sale, and Possession with Intent — Depending on the amount of marijuana at issue in the case, a conviction may result in decades behind bars and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines. You may also find yourself facing marijuana charges in federal court, where the cost of litigation and the possible penalties are even more significant.
Contact a Flint Marijuana Attorney For Free Consult
If you or a member of your family is facing marijuana charges, the Flint marijuana lawyers at Davis Law Group can help bring your case to a positive resolution. When we take on your case, we will first determine whether the authorities abused their power in collecting evidence against you. If so, we will ask the court to remove that evidence form your case by filing a motion to suppress. Without evidence to prove your guilt, the prosecutor may be forced to drop the charges.
If your case goes to trial, we will leave no stone unturned in defending your case. The prosecutor must prove every element of the charges against you beyond a reasonable doubt. By highlighting the gaps and inconsistencies in the prosecutor’s case, we may be able to show to the jury that there is a reasonable possibility that you are innocent.
At every stage of the criminal justice process, you can count on our attention to detail and dedication to aggressive and effective advocacy. If you have not yet been charged, but know you are under investigation, now is the perfect time to hire a lawyer. The sooner we begin preparing the defense of your case, the higher your chances of avoiding a conviction.
To learn more about how we can help, call a Flint criminal defense lawyer at Davis Law Group today at (440) 967-6137 for a free and confidential consultation.