Southfield Theft Lawyer
Home » Southfield Criminal Defense Lawyer » Southfield Theft Lawyer
In Michigan, the crime of theft is viewed seriously and carries significant consequences to the convicted. If you have been charged with the crime of theft in Southfield, Michigan or the surrounding area, you should contact a Southfield theft lawyer without delay. You need the best representation possible to give you the best opportunity to mitigate the charges against you.
Southfield criminal defense lawyer Maurice Davis and his team can provide you with compassionate, yet assertive representation in an effort to lessen your charges through skillful negotiation or defend you vigorously at trial. Schedule a free consultation today.
Call us at (313) 818-3238 or reach us through our contact form.
Theft Offenses in Michigan
There are a number of theft crimes you could be found guilty of in Michigan, including:
- Larceny – Michigan Penal Code § 750.356 defines larceny as the unlawful taking of another person’s property. This can mean money, a public record, scrap metal, or more. The classification for this offense range from misdemeanors to felonies, and depend largely on the value of the property you allegedly stole.
- Retail Fraud – Also known as shoplifting, retail fraud occurs when steal items from a store or switch tags on different goods to obtain a better price. Like larceny, this offense can be categorized as either a misdemeanor or a felony. It all depends on the value of the items in question.
- Car Theft – When you steal another person’s car, you’ve committed auto theft. Per Michigan law, this offense is always a felony.
- Identity Theft – It is illegal to use another individual’s personal and identifying information for your benefit without their consent. If found guilty of this offense, you face incarceration, large fines, and more.
Michigan Theft Penalties
If you’re found guilty of a theft offense in Southfield, possible consequences you face are:
- Hefty fines
- Immigration issues
- Difficulty obtaining or maintaining certain professional licenses
- A permanent criminal record
- Difficulty finding employment
Additionally, if you’re found guilty of a theft crime, you could have trouble getting into college, lose your right to own a firearm, and be ordered to pay restitution to your victims. A conviction for one of these offenses can make your life extremely difficult, so it is important to retain the help of a Southfield theft lawyer as soon as possible if you are facing charges for any of the above crimes.
Contact an Experienced Southfield Theft Attorney
If you are facing a theft charge in Michigan, you can count on experienced Southfield theft lawyer Maurice Davis right away. He can advise you on how to take the right steps for your situation, and he will advise you on how to proceed with an action plan of either skilled negotiation to reduce your charges or aggressive trial representation. As a seasoned attorney with previous experience as a prosecutor, he understands the strategies employed by the prosecution and can work to help you navigate the criminal justice process.
Contact Davis Law Group today at (313) 818-3238 to set up a free legal consultation.